Baptism is God’s most beautiful and magnificent gift. . . .We call it gift, grace, anointing, enlightenment, garment of immortality, bath of rebirth, seal, and most precious gift. It is called gift because it is conferred on those who bring nothing of their own; grace since it is given even to the guilty; Baptism because sin is buried in the water; anointing for it is priestly and royal as are those who are anointed; enlightenment because it radiates light; clothing since it veils our shame; bath because it washes; and seal as it is our guard and the sign of God’s Lordship.
St. Gregory Of Nazianzus, Oratio 40,3-4:PG 36,361C.
IF YOUR CHILD HAS ALREADY BEEN REGISTERED FOR BAPTISM AT THE PARISH OFFICE, PLEASE GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO FULFILL THE REQUIREMENT OF THE PRE-BAPTISMAL CLASS.
The ceremony is in a group for this reason space is limited.
Children who receive the sacrament must be under 7 years old. If they have reached the age of 7, they must register to receive Religious Education for 2 years before receiving the sacraments.
To licitly baptize a child, the parents are required to give their consent or at least one of the two.
We ask for a donation of $60 per child. Your donation will help support the Temple financially and everything necessary for Divine Worship, and the charitable works of the Parish.
Documents Required from the Parents:
- Present parent identification
- Bring the child's original birth certificate
- Parishioner letter
(Code of Canon Law, Can 872 al 874)
Insofar as possible, a person to be baptized is to be given a sponsor who assists an adult in Christian initiation or together with the parents presents an infant for baptism. A sponsor also helps the baptized person to lead a Christian life in keeping with baptism and to fulfill faithfully the obligations inherent in it.
To be permitted to take on the function of godparent a person must:
- Be designated by the one to be baptized, by the parents or the person who takes their place, or in their absence by the pastor or minister and have the aptitude and intention of fulfilling this function;
- Be at least 16 years of age.
- Be a Catholic, who has received the sacrament of Confirmation and First Communion, and likewise, lead a life consistent with faith and with the mission that he will receive, because during the ceremony he will make an oath before God to be the guarantor and example of faith for the one who receives baptism.
- Attend Sunday Mass.
- Those who lead a marital life and are not married by the Catholic Church, cannot be godparents under any circumstances.
- Not be the father or mother of the one to be baptized.
Documents required from the godparents:
- Single Godparents above the age of 16:
- Confirmation certificate
- Godparents Married by the Catholic Church:
- Confirmation certificate
- Marriage certificate from the catholic church
No child will be registered if the parents/godparents have not brought the required documents during registration. No date can be set if they are missing a required document.
Baptism Preparation Class
Parents: If you are already registered to baptize in the parish and need to meet the class requirement, you can do so by completing this questionnaire and watching the video included in the questionnaire. Please fill out one per person. It is recommended that you have a Catholic Bible on hand.